Thursday, December 13, 2018

Birthday at Dominique's Kitchen

December makes Sujata the birthday girl. She decided we would celebrate at one of our favorite restaurants, Dominique's Kitchen. Only three of us could attend as two were MIA out of state. More wine for the four of us!


Sujata inquired about the Mediterranean Fries. We decided to be adventurous and skip the usual Truffle Parmesan Fries.   Sujata, a vegetarian wanted to try the Kale Salad and split it among the four of us. Since it was her birthday, we all agreed. The fries were, in fact, delicious served with a sauce that was a bit spicy with what tasted like saffron. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious the Kale Salad was which had tomatoes, watermelon, farro, goat cheese, and candied walnuts.


For dinner, Sujata had the Sole with lemon and capers. Amy ordered the Lobster Ravioli. Cynthia decided on the Pork Tenderloins and I opted for the Lamb Chops. Everything was cooked to perfection as always.


Sujata was presented with a Panna Cotta for her birthday which she had to make her wish and blow out her candle. She purposely didn't eat much of that because she was looking forward to ordering Baked Alaska. We did order one to share and I sacrificed and finished the rest of her wonderful Panna Cotta. The things I do for friends!


As we left, Liza gave me her medical advise for a cough I have had for 2 weeks. She told me to have a Gin & Tonic twice a day. I forgot about it yesterday so I just started today. It worked for her so I am hoping it will work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment