Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Benihana

I can honestly say that 2 decades have passed since I have been to a Benihana restaurant. I was invited a few days ago and was in for a treat.

My friends suggested I order the Hibachi Chicken Rice and I courteously accepted their suggestion.  I also left it to my friend Paul, the Benihana expert to order for me. I ended up with the Hibachi Steak. Josephine ordered a Tempura Soft Shell Crab as an appetizer to share which was quickly consumed. The salad with a ginger dressing was nice and refreshing.  We were constantly entertained by Chef Pepito with his tossing the shrimp tails and flipping them into his chef hat. He also made a flaming volcano which he created with the onions. The Hibachi Chicken Fried Rice and Steak were very good. Paul's suggestions were spot on!


I had forgotten how delicious the food can be with the simplest of ingredients like butter, onions and of course some soy sauce. Benihana is always a good choice for a group as you not only pay for the food but for the entertainment. Service was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment