Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Gaslight Brasserie Du Coin

While visiting my son for the holidays we were able to sample some of Boston's restaurants. One was exceptionally great that we went twice. By exceptional, I mean everyone at our party was impressed with what they ordered from appetizer to the main entree. The item on the menu that I was most impressed with was their French Onion Soup with Truffled Short Rib. I have had a lot of onion soup in French Restaurants in the past. The best one was at Carette's in Paris. The onion soup at Gaslight was just as good if not better! The other appetizer that I tried was their Escargot with garlic, parsley butter, and breadcrumbs. That too was the best escargot I have had.  I was told that the Bone Marrow was excellent as well.


On my first visit, I had the Steak Frites with a wonderful Bearnaise sauce. Another ordered the largest Pork Chop I have seen with house-smoked bacon jus. I had a bite of that and we all could not get over how juicy and tender it was.


On my second visit, I naturally had to have the French Onion Soup again, after all, that was all I could think of since I had it a couple of days ago. Someone ordered the Shaved Beet Salad with walnuts, red onion, and a Dijon and creme fraiche dressing. My son had the Roasted Cod Poelee with mussels, clams, oysters and Spanish chorizo. I had the Bar Steak with caramelized shallots with a cognac mustard cream sauce and some frites, which were perfect with the sauce. My steak was cooked to perfection and was very tasty.


Since the onion soup was a bit filling together with the French bread they served and after having the steak with frites, I could not find any room for dessert.

Everything in this restaurant was perfect. Parting was such sweet sorrow. It's too bad one cannot order their soup online. Maybe someday! Gaslight is located at 560 Harrison Ave. in Boston, Ma.
Gaslight is part of a group of restaurants; Aquitaine in Boston, Chestnut Hill, Dedham. and 500 Cinquecento, Metropolis in Boston and another Gaslight in Lynnfield, Ma. I will have to try all those next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment