Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Ristorante Limoncello

There's one Italian restaurant you must visit while in Boston, it is Ristorante Limoncello. I was first introduced to the restaurant in early 2000. While I was visiting my son last month it was a no-brainer to visit it at least once.


An interesting fact; Maurizio Badolato from Calabria, Italy won the lottery from a $5.00 ticket and started the restaurant almost 19 years ago. Many celebrities have dined in his restaurant including one of my favorite actors, Robert DeNiro.

They first served us their wonderful bread with a very tasty olive oil while we decided on our appetizers. We had the Carpaccio di Manzo, thinly sliced beef tenderloin topped with baby arugula and Parmigiano Reggiano and also shared an order of Caprese; tomato with fresh Mozzarella with basil and extra virgin olive oil.


For our entrĂ©e, I had to have what I've been dreaming of for many years which was the Rosette Pasta. It is their signature dish. A homemade wide pasta rolled with Italian ham, Montassio cheese and mushroom finished with a tomato cream sauce. Calling it perfect doesn't do it justice. You really just have to try it to understand. My son had the Linguine Alle Vongole which was also delicious.


We shared their homemade Tiramisu which was excellent. What a nice way to end a wonderful meal.


I was impressed with our server Jake. I could not decide between 2 of the red wine bottles so he offered to have me try both. He wanted to make sure I was happy with my choice. While dining, Maurizio came by to make sure everything was fine. They even had a singer that came to our table singing songs like "That's Amore" and "Volare".

This truly is a family restaurant that caters to service and authentic Italian cuisine. Ristorante Limoncello is located at 190 North St. at the Freedom Trail next to Paul Revere's house in Boston, Massachusettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment