Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Inka Wasi

Inka Wasi is a small version of Pollo Inka. I have been to the one in Rolling Hills several times. The food is good and you don't have to wait too long for your food. You line up, place your order and the food is delivered to your table. The hardest part is trying to figure out what to order.

I finally figured out what's what. You can order Chaufa, Saltados, Tallarines, Picantes. Chaufa is essentially fried rice and you have a choice of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp, calamari, tofu or vegetables mixed with your fried rice. Saltado is made with sautéed onions, tomatoes, cilantro, French fries, served with garlic rice. You can pick beef, chicken, fish, shrimp, tofu or vegetables to go with all of the above.  Tallarines is spaghetti sautéed with onions, tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro with the choice of beef, chicken, shrimp, fish, calamari, or vegetables to go with the spaghetti.

There are a few more items on the menu. Before our entrées were served, they brought out a cup of their delicious Aguadito Soup which is a chicken cilantro and rice soup. The soup is included with our entrées.


I ordered the Bisteck Montado which is steak topped with a fried egg served with plantains and rice. I have had this numerous times and have always been very pleased. Since there were several of us, I got to try the Chicken Chaufa which was delicious. I thought it would be boring since it was just fried rice. I was pleasantly surprised by the goodness of it. I also had a bite of the Chicken Saltado and decided that I will have to order this next time. It was full of wonderful flavors; the onions, cilantro, and fries together with the chicken was such a delight.


If ambiance is important to you then I suggest you go to Pollo Inka. But if you want good food that's fast, then head over to the nearest Inka Wasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment