Sunday, October 25, 2015

Carson Peak Inn

Carson Peak Inn Restaurant is located in the June Lake Loop just below the magnificent Carson Peak in June Lake, California. If you don't like the hustle and bustle of mountain city life like Mammoth, you will love June Lake. It is more like a small European town nestled in the high mountains. The restaurant has been in existence since 1966. My husband and I used to always make it a point to eat there every time we were in June Lake. A good and old friend Art Ronci introduced us to Carson Peak Inn. The last time I was there was at least 20 years ago!

My friend Sandi and I went to June Lake this past weekend and I told her we were going to have dinner there our first night. The restaurant has not changed. I was so happy to see a bowl of croutons on our table. I dreamt about their croutons so many times. I don't know how they make them but I suspect it has a lot of fat; and this is why they are so delicious and addicting.


There were so much to order from the menu. I knew they were famous for their steaks, chicken and ribs but since we were in the high country, I thought it was best to order Trout. They served us garlic bread, salad and Beef Barley Soup. All that came with the entree. The soup was outstanding. The trout was fresh as can be. The probably just caught them earlier in the day. It was so simple yet with lemon and the tartar sauce, it was unbelievably delicious.  The baked potato was not bad either, especially after I had put a ton of butter, sour cream and fresh chives.



Service was great. By the time we left, the restaurant was full. Note that when we got our entree, I was too excited to attack the trout that I forgot to take a picture of it. I had to call the restaurant the following day and spoke with Phillip to ask if he would be so kind to take a picture of the trout. He had to ask Nina, a co-worker to do it and she emailed me the picture the following day.

I thank the staff at the Carson Peak Inn for the best service and excellent food. Please keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment