Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tricolore Panini Gourmet

While walking the streets of Rome after visiting the Basilica of St. John Lateran, we decided we had to eat lunch.  Most places were closed as it happened to be a Sunday.
Gary got his list out and asked us if we were in the mood for very good panini. Panini being a sandwich didn't sound exciting to me but a good sport that I am, I conceded.

The restaurant was called Tricolore on 126 Via Urbana.  It was too far to walk to so we took a cab to that vicinity and walked a little more till we found the place. It was very small. Luckily, a few people just finished eating so we got to sit on small stools facing the wall. The menu had a lot of words like; rye organic flour, natural yeast, tofu, sprouts, organic cane sugar. This was not a good sign. I immediately set myself up for a disappointing lunch.


They did not have any diet sodas. FYI, wine is cheaper than a Coke light but we didn't feel like ordering any alcoholic beverage so we settled for the closest to our soda which was La Nostra Gazzosa, a lemon soda similar to a sprite.


It was time to order our panini. Gary and Sandi ordered the Potato Bread with Beef Cheek and I got talked into the Hamburger. It was the last thing on my mind but our server said they made great hamburgers. We also ordered the hand made French Fries yellow potatoes with pink pepper together with their very own homemade ketchup.  Sandi and I shared the Beef Cheek and the hamburger. The beef cheek was delicious and the hamburger was unlike any burger I have had. I don't really know what made it so special. It was just magic! The fries were also very good with the sweet and tangy ketchup.


We loved this place. They even had a mini delivery truck parked outside; very cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment