Monday, February 23, 2015

Sunday Brunch at Trump National Golf Club

As always, the Sunday Brunch at the Trump National Golf Club is a fabulous way to spend a Sunday especially if one is celebrating a birthday. Yesterday was my niece's birthday and we were invited by her parents to the brunch. This time they had a harpist that played "heavenly" music while we dined; a very nice touch to add to the beautiful ambiance of the dining room and the spectacular ocean view.


Aimee brought her daughter Maisie who just turned one last month. Though she was very good, she wanted to explore and walk around which her parents did not allow her to do (thank God) but instead, daddy, grandpa and myself took turns in carrying her/walking with her so mommy can eat in peace.


The food was glorious as ever. When you go to these buffets, one has to have a strategy. You can't just eat everything or you will get sick. You have to first case the joint, then decide what you really want then get small portions as you could always go back for more. Since I have been to the brunch numerous times, I already knew what to go for. I started with the seafood station with the succulent shrimps (already peeled of course), crab claws, fresh oysters and caviar! These are the high ticket items so you want to get your money's worth ($75.95). Then I went to the omelet and pasta station to have pasta with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and lots of Parmesan cheese. I didn't waste my time on an omelet which I can get anywhere. I also got a selection of cheeses to go with my pasta. A good port would have been perfect to go with them but had to settle for the sparkling wine which  was constantly being refilled along with fresh orange juice.


I was almost full but I knew I had to have some of the delicious Korean short ribs and crab cakes. I didn't have room for the prime rib as I had to leave room for dessert. I sampled some of the desserts. Some were better than others but I wasn't ambitious enough in trying everything because I ordered a birthday cake ahead of time which they presented to Aimee after we all had our desserts. I was surprised as the cake was not bad at all! Usually, when something looks so pretty, the cake turns out to be dry and tasteless. I was glad that this was an exception.




Sunday brunch at Trump National Golf Club is still a place to experience though I think it is getting to be too expensive. I remember when they first started at $45-$50 and they served Tattinger champagne. Now we are down to sparkling wine. Trump National Golf Club is located at One Trump National Dr. in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

Great way to celebrate another birthday. Happy Birthday dear Aimee and may you have many more to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment