Friday, February 13, 2015

Belated Birthday Dinner at Dominiques's Kitchen

It is never disappointing having dinner at Dominique's Kitchen in Redondo Beach. It's been almost 2 years since I celebrated my 60th birthday there.  Piero, my dance instructor choreographed a number to perform and though everyone enjoyed the entertainment, they were impressed with the quality of food.


I found it appropriate to take Piero back to Dominique's for his birthday dinner along with another student of his, my friend Sandi. I have always talked about the fondue with garlic fries so we had to order that as appetizer. They also had an octopus salad and kale with a citrus dressing that was so unbelievably refreshing and delicious. I think they should have that on the menu all the time.


For our entree. the birthday boy ordered the short ribs with mashed potatoes. Sandi had the same thing and I had the sole. I must have forgotten to take a picture of my sole. I split that with Sandi and she gave me some of her short ribs. The short ribs were so tender and full of flavor and went well with the very creamy mashed potatoes. The sole was equally good; on the salty side which I love especially with the lemon.


All 3 of us were super full that the two had doggie bags to take home (none of them have dogs). Dessert was not an option. Since Piero wanted a chocolate mousse and I wanted him to try the baked Alaska, we ordered the 2 desserts to share. There were no complaints on either dessert.


Dominique's Kitchen is open everyday except Tuesdays. The nice thing about their hours is they open as early as 4:00 p.m. which is great because by the time normal people come to dinner, you are done with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment