Saturday, May 24, 2014

Cafe Pacific- Trump National Golf Club

I wanted to take my brother and sister in law somewhere special on their last dining experience in Los Angeles before they headed back home to Singapore. I picked Cafe Pacific at the Trump National Golf Club in Palos Verdes. The ambiance, food and the view of the pacific ocean seemed appropriate for the occasion.


We had to start with their famous fried calamari. The ever so light calamari with the aioli sauce was still as good as I remembered. Funny, I used to eat only the round part of the calamari (body) but I seem to enjoy more the dreaded (by many) tentacles. They really do have more flavor!  The bread basket filled with french bread and parmesan crisps were good and we tried not to eat too much of these fillers! Grace ordered a clam chowder which was very nice; lots of clams and very tasty.




For our entrees, Grace had the Spiedino Di Mare; marinated grilled diver scallops & prawn sugar cane skewer with cauliflower and leek puree, lobster ravioli, Swiss chard in blood orange reduction. My brother Dino ordered the Grilled 16oz. Rib Eye with bacon & aged cheddar mashed potatoes, wild mushrooms, jumbo asparagus glazed and cipollini onions in a Bearnaise and sherry wine sauce. I had a bite of the lobster ravioli and the steak and they were both delicious.  I opted for the Beer Marinated Grilled Double Cut Pork Chop 14 oz.  This was served on a creamy gorgonzola polenta, roasted apples, glazed vegetables in cider reduction. I loved my chops which had a lot of flavor, a bit salty which was perfect with the creamy polenta; perfect combination!


At the end of our meal, they presented Dino and Grace a Bon Voyage surprise; a cheesecake which was light and delicious. I ordered the chocolate dessert which ended up in all our tummies!


Cafe Pacific is still a good place to dine and have a good time. The service is just hit and miss. The evening we were there was a bit disorganized at they were also having the "Croatian Night" wherein they had a special going on. Not being familiar with Croatian food, we opted for the regular menu.


Cafe Pacific is located at the beautiful picturesque Trump National Golf Course in Palos Verdes.

No comments:

Post a Comment