Saturday, April 12, 2014

Phil's Fish Grill

My son actually discovered this little place on 1175 W. Carson St. in Torrance.  On his way home, he got a Tuna Plate with garlic butter and rice pilaf and a plate of Swordfish, also with garlic butter and rice pilaf. The entrees came with a small salad with mandarin oranges and some beans. It was lot to eat!  The fish was nice and fresh and I'm sure I did my body good eating my serving of fish for the week.


The other day a friend and I decided to go to Phil's to have something not quite so big so we settled for fish and shrimp tacos. When we got to our table, a basket of chips and salsa were patiently waiting for us. We didn't want to keep them waiting so we dug right in. With some salt added to chips, they were very good and so was the salsa.


The Grilled Shrimp Taco was nice and tender though it lacked some flavor. It got a lot better when I added some of the salsa to it.  I had the Mahi-Mahi Taco; that too was fresh and delicious. My friend had the Cajun Tilapia and she really liked it.


Phil's Grill have a lot on their menu; Grilled Fish Plates, Grilled Fish Salads, Tacos, Burritos and Sandwiches and Wraps. There's something for everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment