Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Meal at Dominique's Kitchen

Call it brunch or dinner; Dominique's was the best kitchen to be in on Easter Sunday. There were supposed to be 4 of us: my son, brother, Sandi and myself. My husband still in the hospital could not join us. My son and my friend both caught the 24 hr. intestinal flu so they ended up staying in bed. As the saying goes; "the show must go on", so Gary and I marched in Dominique's Kitchen with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 from Eden Canyon; great wine especially after a few minutes of breathing. The menu looked enticing and it was hard to decide what to order.


I really wanted some escargot as they have the best in town, but our server told us about the Parisian style shrimp cocktail. Who can say no to Parisian shrimps; I've never met one! Both Gary and I had it. We got a generous amount of fresh and plump shrimps with a very nice sauce; this was served on a bed of greens and a hard boiled egg. We tried not to overdose on the French bread to leave ample room for what was to come. We had a choice of soup or salad. Gary had the Lobster Bisque and I chose the Caesar salad with anchovies and parmesan cheese shaving. Both were delicious.




For our second course, I suggested we split 2 entrees to further challenge our palates. My brother chose the Linguine with asparagus, portobello mushrooms, sauvingnon blanc cream and parmesan cheese. I ordered the Slow Braised Beef Bourguignon with cabernet sauvignon, pearl onions and truffle mashed potatoes. We both enjoyed our entrees. Gary loved everything; I was happy that he truly was impressed since he is not easy to please as he eats in more "gourmet" restaurants all over (far more than I do) Los Angeles.



Dessert was a no-brainer since the one we picked was a "special"; something that's not usually in the menu. The Bailey's Panna Cotta with peach compote and toasted almonds. This was definitely queen of all Panna Cottas.  The peach compote perfectly engulfed the ever so light panna cotta that had flavor of Bailey's cream. I could eat this everyday!


The only way our Easter celebration could have been better was a hundred percent attendance of my family; though I really cannot complain. Gary and I were very happy campers when we left Dominique's Kitchen.

Dominique's Kitchen is still at 522 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment