Saturday, April 12, 2014

Espresso Mille Feuilles


I didn't get to try this dessert; Espresso Mille Feuilles aka Espresso Napoleon, until 8:00 p.m. tonight (Saturday night). I had 2 set aside for me at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance and did not get a chance until dessert time.

These are your typical French Mille Feuilles that have a million layers of flaky pastry with a nice strong espresso filling. You can really taste the espresso. Coffee lovers rejoice! When I first bit into it, I closed my eyes to savor the texture and coffee taste. I could only describe it as "Ohhh....my God!"


I will get some more tomorrow so I can keep enjoying them till Monday or Tuesday. Tomorrow is the last day (weekend special) to get these lovely Mille Feuilles. If you decide to take some home, remember that the key for them to stay fresh is to keep them in an open container in the refrigerator. It will stay crispy for a day or two.

L'Amande Bakery is located at 2553 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance at the Rolling Hills Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment