Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar....

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar - Caramel with black sea salt is my latest discovery.  I had bought this probably about a month ago and I just found it beneath a pile of papers on my desk; I haven't seen the wood of the table in some time; obviously!


It was a nice surprise to find this chocolate since I haven't had dessert this evening. I immediately ripped the foil and I got a whiff of the dark chocolate. I took a bite of a thin square and it made a snapping sound as caramel oozed out. The chocolate was nice and bitter (70% cacao) funny, I never used to like dark chocolate. The sweetness of the caramel was just enough to offset the bitterness and the bits of salt also played an important part by complementing both the dark chocolate and the sweet caramel.


Remember that they say dark chocolate is good for you ....Amen! I included a picture of the nutritional facts. I was only going to have one square but forgot to take a picture so I had to take another one out and bite into it so I could take the photograph. Even if fat and cholesterol are present, note that it has 3 grams of fiber and even has Vitamin A, C, Calcium and Iron.


One square is really enough to satisfy a craving so this is a good thing. It's like taking your daily vitamins. Hah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment