Monday, August 19, 2013

Sandi's Impromptu Dinner

The other day, Sandi asked me if I would like to have dinner at her house as she had some tuna that she defrosted.  What am I to say; can't hurt her feelings.

We started out with a salad that looked vibrant; this would have gotten any vegetarian ecstatic. My friend Mertz had just given me a bottle of dressing she wanted me to try. It was Galeos low fat world's best Miso sesame seed. We both liked it; a bit sweet and it didn't taste "diet" at all which is a good thing.


She had baked and later broiled the tuna which she generously sprinkled some Cajun spice. She tried a piece and felt it needed something to complement the spiciness. She poured some passion fruit (the ones you mix for drinks) and that was all it needed to taste really good. For veggies, she served a variety; baby carrots, Brussels sprouts, beets and pecans baked in maple syrup.


For dessert, we had honey vanilla yogurt and vanilla almond granola with frozen mixed berries. That's probably why I liked it since I enjoy sweetened fruit much better than fresh. I know......I'm odd that way.


The impromptu dinner was such a treat and right after dessert we were off to a "Nightclub Two Step" dance class to burn off the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment