Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blaze Pizza

It's been about a month since this pizza place opened at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance. I didn't know anyone that has tried it and I got tired of people asking me if I've been there.

I decided that today was The day. I went in there not knowing what to expect. Lot's of staff in an assembly line. They have 8 signature pizzas and "Build Your Own Pizza".
I wanted to build my own (you dictate and they build it for you). As I looked through the glass or what is plastic.....I saw different kinds of cheeses: goat, Gorgonzola,  shredded mozzarella, ovoline mozzarella (balls packed in water), Parmesan and ricotta.
For sauces, they had the classic red, spicy, white cream, pesto, BBQ and olive oil drizzle. They had a few choices for meats and vegetables. See choices below.



 
For my pizza, I ordered one with the a bit of classic red sauce with white cream sauce. I had mozzarella, Gorgonzola and some of the ovoline mozzarella. She took that soft ball and tore pieces and placed them on the pizza. I had her put a few pepperoni on half (for my husband) and also got the applewood bacon, olives, artichokes and mushrooms. The pizza went in the 900 degree oven which supposedly can cook the pizza in 2 minutes! It may have taken just 2 minutes BUT there was only one guy slicing and boxing the pizza. As I stared at my pizza patiently waiting to be sliced, boxed and getting cold, I decided to ask him not to cut it so I could heat it at home. Since the pizza was not big I ordered a side of salad for $3.85. By the way, the pizza cost $7.45. The price was definitely right.

The pizza had a very thin crust and I was amazed on how it cooked so fast. On my way home, I called my husband to turn on the oven to 375 degrees (probably should have been 400 degrees)  I was hungry so I heated it for 5 minutes which did the job.
The verdict: Pretty good! It is not better than Nancy Silverton's Pizzeria Mozza but for everyday pizza, I really did like it and my husband did not complain; he liked it too.


Blaze Pizza's address is 2625 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance, Ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment