Tuesday, April 23, 2013

H.O.M.E. 90210

HOME 90210 (House of Music and Entertainement) is a Jazz Supper Club and Restaurant located at 430 Camden Dr. in Beverly Hills.

My brother Gary, my mom and I went for brunch last Sunday to see a friend perform; Joyce Marie. FYI, Joyce Marie Quartet performs at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills.

We were impressed with the food. Most places with entertainment do not have decent food. They just rely on the alcohol, but not at Home, though they did have the  bottomless mimosa that just kept on coming. We started with appetizers. My brother had the Crab Mac N Cheese that had 4 cheeses, jumbo lump crab with truffle flavor and bread crumbs. That was delicious. My mom had the Baby Beets in Goat Cheese Salad. If you like beets, you would love this one; just perfect! I ordered the Thai Filet Skewers in Coconut Sticky Rice, Cilantro. That was the best. The sticky rice was cooked with coconut milk, no shreds of coconut which I hate. The filet was truly filet as it was tender with a lot of flavor.



For our entrees: I ordered the Crab Benedict and was only able to eat one as I was too full from my filet and several glasses of mimosas. My brother and mom both had the Seafood Linguine with scallops, fish, shrimps in a light wine cream sauce.  My brother thought it was too heavy; we didn't think so. The shrimps were plump and ever so tender.



We decided split a dessert. They had different flavors of Creme Brulee and the vote was unanimous. We had to try the Lychee Creme Brulee.  If you like lychees you will love this one.


I congratulate the chef, Shawn Davis for a job well done; I thank Chelsea our server for being so attentive to our needs. 

For my birthday, my friend Sandi invited me to a Murder Mystery Dinner which she scheduled in May and I just found out that it will be held at this venue. So check out their website for their menu and information on performers.
http://www.home90210.com/

To the proprietor whom I met,  Mr. Dennis Robertson: I wish you continued success!

No comments:

Post a Comment