Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Dinner 2013

Survived another Easter dinner. This was an easy one as my main entree was a Ham from Bristol Farms.  All I had to do was figure out what to serve with it.

Since I experimented on the lemony asparagus with the anchovies (recipe on previous blog) last week and was such a hit, I thought I would serve it again. For potatoes, I made mashed potatoes in the morning. When it was almost time to for dinner, I microwaved it in a serving dish and added some whipping cream. I then put it in the oven topped with a mixture of grated Gruyere and sharp cheddar cheese. I also decided to make Lawry's creamed corn which was good but it didn't quite taste like Lawry's. There's probably a secret ingredient they don't divulge.


Rewind to hors d' oeuvres; I had some sea salt chips, variety of cheeses, smoked salmon and the star of the show was my little sandwiches made with L'Amande's Easter bread. I stuffed some with an egg salad, and some with cabernet sauvignon salami and Swiss cheese with a thin application of blackcurrant jelly. Everyone seemed to like them as they quickly vanished.


Fast forward to dessert; The Tarte Tatin I ordered from L'Amande Bakery lived up to expectation... delicious and flaky to the end. My niece Aimee, brought a Triple Chocolate Cake which was nice and moist.  This was real chocolate with chocolate pudding, chocolate chips and more chocolate and the surprising thing about it was it was not overly sweet. It's the type that is perfect for dessert or breakfast with a strong cup of coffee.  I know....... because this was breakfast this morning.



Our son left shortly after dessert (eat and run) as he had to do some work for today, so he missed out on our photo shoot.


Hope everyone had a nice Easter as we did.  Farewell from the senior Easter bunnies....


No comments:

Post a Comment