Thursday, November 17, 2011

Indian Anyone?


I used to not like Indian food; didn't like the smell of curry but I have learned to love certain dishes , among them...curry.
Come to think of it, most of the stuff I have had, I've been addicted to..There is a small restaurant in Redondo Beach called Ocean Tava located on the 2nd floor of a building and in the summer months you are able to see the sunset. This restaurant has been offering a 3 course Chef's Dinner on Wednesday nights. For $20, you get an appetizer, an entree, Naan or Rice WITH a glass of red or white wine.
Tonight we had the Tandoori Bharwa Aloo for appetizer. This was a very tasty potato stuffed w/raisins, cashews and paneer. The flavors were enhanced when you drizzled some of the sweet spicy sauce. For entree I had the Murg Jahlfrezi, which were spicy chunks of chicken cooked in curry and tantalizing spices. My dinner companion, a long time friend, dispite being a vegetarian, had the Tandoori Phool which was cauliflower marinated in yogurt and mild spices and breaded. This was so delicious; still can't get over how anything that healthy can taste so good especially after you pour some of the Dal Bukhara, lentils cooked in a slow cooker. This dish evaporated as fast as I swept the olive naan (which I have never had) to clean the plate. Forget garlic naan or any other naan! The last time we ate here, we had the baby corn cooked the same way the cauliflower was prepared and I have not stopped thinking about it.
The Chateau St. Michelle Riesling was so refreshing it complimented the meal to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment