Sunday, December 18, 2022

Musso and Frank

The last time I dined at Musso and Frank was with Sandi in March 2019. They closed during the pandemic, and I've been dying to return. Zohreh and I spent the night at the Everly Hotel, a one-night stay Christmas present from my son. Zohreh has never been to this iconic restaurant which opened in 1919. She's wanted to go since she saw the restaurant featured in movies including The Kominski Method.

I looked for Mr. Landroche, the maître d', but unfortunately, he was off that evening. So was our last server, Nick. We ended up with Craig, who was just as fun and professional as Nick. We had to order their famous Martini. We both ordered them very dirty with 3 olives. 

I was able to convince Zohreh to leave the ordering to me. But, before we ordered, Craig brought us some of their delicious sourdough bread with lots of butter. 

We both like Caesar Salad, so we split an order of that. I ordered their Classic made-to-order Grenadine of Beef with Bearnaise sauce. We had to have the famous Original Fettucine Alfredo, which tastes like the one I've had several times in Rome. Zohreh agreed that this was no ordinary Alfredo which is normally too rich. This was light and just heavenly!!!

We really were both too full for dessert. Craig filled us in with some history. He informed us that we were sitting in the Marilyn Monroe-Joe DiMaggio booth. He also told us that the 1st booth was Charlie Chaplin's, which he liked since he would park his horse right by the entrance and could keep an eye on him.  We thank Craig for a nice dining experience and look forward to our next visit.

Musso and Frank is located at 6667 Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood, California.



No comments:

Post a Comment