Friday, May 10, 2019

Sampa's Gourmet Pizza

Our friend Ginny from the gym asked me last week if I have tried Brazilian Pizza. She had it with a friend of hers recently and raved about it. The nice part is that it is located in Lomita which is less than 10 minutes away.

I couldn't believe that the small restaurant has been there for a year and just opened another one in Marina Del Rey. Celebrity Chef, Marcus Roberto is an award-winning pizza chef born in Sao Paulo, trained at the top academies in Brazil and Italy.

There are about 25 kinds of pizza on the menu, salads and interesting desserts which we will have to try next time, like Romeo & Juliet which is a guava paste and mozzarella. Sandi ordered 2 slices of pizza, La Vera Marguerita and Portuguesa; ham, onions, hard-boiled eggs, mozzarella, Kalamata olives & oregano. I ordered a whole pizza with half Marguerita and the other half Caprese, which had fresh mozzarella, Parmesan, fresh tomatoes, ricotta, and olive pesto. We both loved their pizza. The crust was crispy and light as air. The tomatoes were fresh and I loved the ricotta and olive pesto. I think it could have used more of the ricotta and olive pesto. The Marguerita also could have used more basil. I spoke to Pedro and he informed me that next time all I have to do is ask them to add more. This is unlike any other pizza I have had. It really is very light and flavorful.


We are definitely going back to Sampa's. Their address is 2413 Pacific Coast Hwy. #107 in Lomita, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment