Sunday, May 5, 2019

Back to EMC Seafood & Raw Bar

Jody and I ended up at EMC during Happy Hour last week.  I was there for their fresh oysters on a half shell ($1.50 each) and more.  We ordered some Calamari and Fish Tacos. Jody has had their fish tacos. She did warn me not to get discouraged by the looks of them. You get two in one order.


The calamari arrived first and then the fish tacos followed. She was right, even after her warning I was doubtful as they didn't look appetizing and just looked sad. I had a bite and boy was she right. It was delicious. The fish was fresh, sort of creamy and just wonderful. How can anything look pitiful and yet so exciting on one's palate? My oysters were MIA (missing in action) so I asked our server what happened which I'm sure they forgot. She came after a few minutes with just 3 of them and I had ordered half a dozen. She thought I said "three". So she promptly put in another order for 3 more. They were as good as I had the last time.



We were still a bit hungry so we ordered some Brussels Sprouts which were good but not as good as Tin Roof or Baleen. While we were at it we thought we might as well order the Spicy Crab Tempura Roll.  It wasn't spicy at all and the tempura breading was doughy so that is something we would not order again.


This was my second time at EMC and so far the only thing that I would order again is the Oysters on a Half Shell. They do have many more items on the menu so I will keep trying the rest of them.
EMC Seafood and Raw Bar have multiple locations. The one we went to was located at the Del Amo Mall in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment