Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Tin Roof Bistro

The last time I was at Tin Roof Bistro, I vowed I would not go back. It wasn't the food that kept me away but it was the chaos, the overpowering sound of people talking. It was at the height of lunch and I remember that a friend and I could not hear each other.  Jody was there recently and she raved about the Brussels sprouts and some curry dish.  Three of us met there yesterday at 11 a.m. (that's when they open).


We ordered the Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, the Indian Spiced Spinach Dip and a Carbonara Pizza from their own wood burning pizza oven. Let me tell you, the Brussels Sprouts were to die for! The sauce consisted of butter, garlic, lemon, capers, and anchovies. We were all shocked about the anchovies.  It was lemony, salty, slight bitterness from the sprouts itself, and just as Jody put it, "orgasmic"! The sprouts were served over bruschetta which was wonderful in the lemony, salty, buttery sauce.


The Indian-Spiced Spinach Dip was also very good. It had mozzarella, Parmesan, and curried cream in with the spinach and this was served with woodfire flatbread. The Carbonara Pizza had pancetta, roasted mushrooms, ricotta, smoked mozzarella, pecorino topped with sunny side eggs. That too was very good. We could not finish the pizza since my two partners didn't eat as much as I did.



We absolutely did not have room for dessert. We were so full that I was not hungry for dinner and just settled for a cookie; a large oatmeal cookie at 7:00 p.m.

Tin Roof Bistro is located at 3500 N. Sepulveda Blvd. in Manhattan Beach, California. It is best to go before the whole population of Manhattan Beach arrives. They are open from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and open till 11:00 p.m. on weekends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment. I will have to try the scallop and filet mignon, not to mention the souffle!

    ReplyDelete