Friday, October 12, 2018

Ladies Night at Gaetano's

Sandi and I thought we would go to "Ladies Night" at Gaetano's since it has been a while since our last visit.  It's funny because it's the places closest to you that you often ignore or forget.  This time, we ordered just appetizers but from the regular menu so we got more food. The quantity is not diminished and they are half-price. The wine and cocktails are also half price.

We ordered their infamous Bruschetta Pomodoro. I have to say that I have had bruschetta from different restaurants and this is by far the best. The color of the tomatoes alone were enough to get anyone excited. We enjoyed the Calamari with the 2 sauces. I preferred the green sauce. We both were not sure what kind it was and later we were informed by Grace our server, that it was pesto with some mayonnaise. (If we read the menu, it did identify the sauces.) We were surprised because Sandi and I do not care for pesto but this pesto had magic in it.


We always order the Arancini, fried risotto balls with Marinara sauce, again it's not just plain marinara, it's magic marinara. I have to mention that the Blood Orange Mojito cocktail I ordered was wonderful. It consisted of blood orange puree, rum, simple syrup, freshly made citrus juice, soda water, and lime.  This is a drink I will definitely order again.


Next time you're in the neighborhood, check out Ladies Night on Mondays at Gaetano's Restaurant at 2731 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance. You'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment