Saturday, October 13, 2018

Potato Pizza at Bonello's New York Pizza

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I recently had a Mashed Potato Pizza in Chicago and I loved it! Sandi told me that she has had the Potato Pizza at Bonello's Pizza. These were slices of potatoes, not mashed. She raved about it so I naturally had to try it, especially since she normally is not fond of pizza.

The regular pizza is 14 inches which is not their large but to us, it was quite large. They do not have a liquor license but Tony welcomes any adult to bring their alcohol so I brought some red wine in a thermos! I didn't bring a bottle since Sandi is allergic to red wine and therefore could not share a bottle with me.


The pizza arrived and the size was overwhelming for just the two of us. That is one fantastic tasting potato pizza. It's creamy with different kinds of cheeses and mushrooms. The crust was nice and crisp. The last time we tried a potato pizza (aside from the one I had in Chicago) was in Rome many years ago. I managed to eat 4 large slices; my partner in crime only had two. What can I say, she doesn't eat like a truck driver like I do.


Bonello's New York Pizza is located at 24427 Narbonne Ave. in Lomita, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment