Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mango-Pineapple Scones

Though California is not "tropical", we are lucky to get a lot of tropical fruits. We are even luckier as there is no stopping Ana, executive chef and owner of L'Amande Bakery from introducing something new all the time at her bakery in Torrance, California.

Hopefully, you have already tried the fabulous Mango Tart which I have previously blogged about:  http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/01/looking-for-mango-tart.html
This weekend she came up with Mango-Pineapple Scones. I was there at the bakery right at 3:00 p.m. when they come out of the oven.  For those who haven't heard, you can have tea and a scone for $5.00.  Since I like to have them in the morning for breakfast, when they are not available, I buy a bunch and freeze them. Today was no exception. I bought 8 of them. As soon as I got home, I had to try one. It was delicious with some butter. Inside were chunks of sweet pineapple and mango. Once you have L'Amande's scones, you will never go back to the scones you are used to. They are always crusty outside and moist and chewy inside.




I have to tell you though that these may be the most expensive scones in the world. As I was driving back home uphill, I noticed a police car parked on the side of the street. I immediately slowed down and as I passed him, he all of a sudden turned on his flashing lights.  I pulled over and as he asked for my driver's license; he asked if I knew the speed limit on the street and I said "Yes." I told him it was 25mph. Then he asked if I knew how fast I was going and I said: "Probably 30 mph" He corrected me and said: "You were going 41mph"  Then he proceeded in telling me that I seemed like a nice lady....what a tease! He still gave me a ticket! I asked if he could give me a break to which he replied: "I said you were going 40mph instead of 41mph."

I will have to wait and see how much these wonderful scones really cost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment