Friday, January 25, 2013

Paciugo Gelato & Caffe

Paciugo Gelato is located at 1034 Hermosa Ave. in Hermosa Beach, California. It is a couple of doors away from the wonderful Umami Burger on one side and next to the Comedy and Magic Club where Jay Leno performs most Sundays.

Sandi and I had a late lunch at Umami Burger yesterday. She has never had an Umami Burger. You can see my previous blog; just google : umamisolittlethyme. I  remembered my niece telling me they had a good dessert. I texted her and she immediately sent me the picture of the UFO; an ice cream sandwich. I showed it to our server and she had never heard of it. None of the desserts excited either one of us. Since we had the burgers with smushed fries and sweet potato fries, I thought we should walk along Hermosa Avenue and the beach to walk off some of the fat we consumed. We didn't get very far (about 2 doors down) we came across Paciugo Gelato. Needless to say, we went in for our dessert. They were having a special. If you give them your email address (which I don't like to do) you get a size bigger than the kids size for the price of the kids bowl.  We both gave our email address.  So many flavors to choose from.  After trying at least 3, we decided to get 3 flavors.

I got the Mediterranean Sea Salt Caramel, Fondente Extra Dark Chocolate and the Crunchy Chocolate Swirl. They were all good; not the best gelato but pretty good. Sandi had the Chocolate Malt, Gianduja which was a chocolate hazelnut and a light Cranberry Orange. I tried hers and we both didn't care for the Cranberry Orange.



When we finished our gelato we both decided we had to walk for at least an hour. So up we went on Pier Ave. and back down to Hermosa and then the beach. It had rained on and off all day but finally stopped so it was perfect weather for walking. Below is a shot of Hermosa Beach.


The next shot is looking towards Palos Verdes Peninsula.


The shot below is evidence that we really did take an hour walk.


It was another good day!



1 comment: