Saturday, January 12, 2013

Luxury Swiss Chocolate

As we strolled down Montana Avenue in Santa Monica the other night, we stumbled on this store called Luxury Swiss Chocolate. We wanted to know what was luxurious about these different flavored chocolates.

The owner of the store, Alexandre, was eager to explain the history of these chocolates from Geneva, Switzerland.  To be honest, I was not that interested in the history.  All I cared about was the quality and taste. The problem was, the numerous flavors made it hard for me to decide what to buy.  I know what you're thinking......why not buy a bunch! Well, I would have but the price made me think twice. The big bars were $15.00 each. At that price you better love what you buy.



He had us sample the white chocolate with pistachio and the dark chocolate with raspberries. Both were super delicious. The white chocolate was not too sweet like most white chocolates. I bought the Noir-Citron; that's the dark chocolate with lemon.  It was very good dark chocolate with bursts of tangy, crunchy lemon. Very refreshing especially after a meal. I can also imagine having it with a glass of champagne! I distributed little rectangles from my one bar to my friends, they all loved it (though I'm still waiting for Gonz's opinion).




For the historians, the chocolates are made by the famous Rohr family in Geneva. Luxury Swiss Chocolate is located at 1624 Montana Ave. Santa Monica, California. Visit their website and see the wonderful chocolates they have; WWW.LUXURYSWISSCHOCOLATE.COM

Since our friend Sue lives in Santa Monica, perhaps she will be kind enough to take our order and deliver it to us the next time she's in the South Bay.......


No comments:

Post a Comment