Monday, January 7, 2013

Amber Ale Turkey Chili

Yesterday was a rainy, cold day.  A day wherein one just wants to stay home and do chores or just relax. I did paperwork and my friend Sandi was in her usual cooking mode.  She asked me if I wanted to sample her experiments.  As a good friend who didn't want to hurt her feelings, said "Yes".  She suggested we meet half way at the Ralph's supermarket parking lot. I was already in my pajamas and robe, socks with slippers as it was really cold. I convinced my husband to drive his car and I went along for the ride in my pajamas ( I exchanged the robe for a coat). We got to the parking lot and Sandi was already there. It was still raining; we managed to park right next to her as we both lowered our windows to make the exchange. Felt like a spy movie!

As soon as we got home, I opened the numerous containers. There was some bow tie pasta, the chili and dessert.

She got the recipe from a healthy cookbook but she of course altered it; hence it turned out great. It was called Amber Ale Turkey Chili.  She ended up using spicy turkey sausage, some beans and tomatoes.  I put my chili on the pasta and my husband's went on left over mashed potatoes.  We both really enjoyed it as we constantly were blowing our noses from the spiciness. It was the perfect meal for a cold day.




Dessert was Louisiana Bread Pudding.  The recipe came from Emeril Lagasse. Instead of the Bourbon sauce, she made her famous Maple Vanilla Sauce.  It was delicious.  What made it special was her maple syrup from Vermont.



Would it be too much to ask for a neighbor like Sandi?



No comments:

Post a Comment