Saturday, April 13, 2024

Sugarfish

It was that time again when Yvonne and I had to go to one of our favorite sushi/sashimi restaurants. This time, we had Zohreh, who never had the pleasure of tasting this delicacy. I thought, if she didn't like it, Yvonne and I could eat her portion, and she could order something else. 

We got there shortly after they opened for lunch. I brought along my favorite sake, which my friend Ante introduced to me. The sake was so smooth that I immediately looked for it and got it. This was the perfect time to bring it along as I figured the 3 of us could finish a bottle.

There were several choices on the menu. The Trust Me, Trust Me Light (which I don't think is for any of us)) and the Don't Think, Just Eat menu. We all opted for the Don't Think, Just Eat menu. Of course, people with small appetites could always get a la carte.

We started with the Edamame, which was good and got us going. Shortly after that was our first dish. I don't remember anything about which fish was which; I just savored and enjoyed every bite. Excitedly, I forgot to take a picture of a plate with 6 items and another sushi roll.


I was ecstatic that Zohreh enjoyed her meal! Both Yvonne and Zohreh were full. Although I was full, I could have eaten another 4 pieces. 

Sugarfish is still very good, and the service was just as good. Sugarfish is located at 304 12th St. in Manhatten Beach, California. They do not take reservations, so the best time to go is when they first open.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Sugarfish experience! It sounds like you had a great time. "Don't Think, Just Eat" definitely seems like the way to go – who wants to make decisions when there's delicious sushi involved?

    Actually, your post made me curious about their menu. Did you happen to see if they have uni (sea urchin) or raw oysters? I'm a big fan of both!

    ReplyDelete