Friday, September 17, 2021

Welcome Back Dominique's Kitchen

They never really left, but with Covid, Dominique's Kitchen managed to stay open for pick-ups. Since they have been available for dine-in again, I was too excited to return to "home." 

Sandi, Amy, and I are "regulars," but our friend Zohreh has never had the pleasure of dining at Dominique's. Liza, Dominique's wife, welcomed us like long lost friends! The place looked good, tables were far apart, of course, and it still managed to look warm and cozy. 

We had to order their fabulous Fondue Savoyarde with diced apples and a baguette. Though the baguette is good with the fondue, it does not beat an order of Truffle Fries. As soon as the fries came, we showed Zohreh, the proper way to get maximum "umami" out of this dish was to dump the fries in the fondue. It was sheer heaven. You could almost hear a choir in the background singing "Glory, glory hallelujah...".'

I haven't had their Lamb Chops in a long time, so this is what I ordered. I was happy that Sandi changed her mind and ordered the Steak instead so we could share. Both were absolutely deeeelicious. My lamb chops came with something square that looked fried. It turned out to be polenta which I shared with the girls to taste as it was so good. 

Zohreh and Amy decided on the Sea Bass, which I had a bite from Amy's, and it indeed got my seal of approval. It was nice and flaky. 

We were too full for dessert. Well, actually, I had a bit of room for dessert, but none of the girls were game. Though they discontinued my favorite, Baked Alaska, they still have the Floating Island. There's always a next time. 

Dominique's Kitchen is located at 522 S. Pacific Coast Hwy., in Redondo Beach, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment