Thursday, September 16, 2021

Sweet Rice

The best Sticky Rice & Mango can be bought at Sweet Rice. I hadn't been back since the restrictions from Covid, so yesterday, my son and I drove there to eat our early dinner but, most importantly, to pick up some dessert. This really is the star of the show. The mangoes are ALWAYS sweet. I have had them at other Thai restaurants, and it's always a hit and miss. If the mangoes are not sweet, you might as well not order them, or it may be very disappointing. 

When we got home, I almost poured the coconut milk on the rice that still had its cellophane. Sandi told me I almost did the same thing before. She, by the way, put in her order for one. I only ate half so I could have a little bit more heaven later. There is really nothing like it. For people who have never had it or never been exposed to it, I have this to say: Do yourself a favor and head on to Sweet Rice!

Before dessert, I ordered my favorite Chicken Kao Soi, which is yellow curry, ba mee noodles, beansprouts, mustard greens, red onions, fried onions, cilantro, and crispy noodles. It was absolutely delicious. My son ordered the Chicken Thai Omelette, which he thought was a bit too salty, but it was perfect for me since I do like salty.

It was nice to chat with the owner, Angela who has a great memory. She even remembered when I was there last with my friend from the East Coast! Sweet Rice is located at 1630 W. Redondo Beach Blvd. #4 in Gardena, California. They are open every day from 11AM-9PM except for Mondays.



No comments:

Post a Comment