Monday, May 17, 2021

Meet In Paris

If only we could really meet in Paris...This little bistro has been around for at least 12 years. I have been there multiple times and have loved their food, especially the Dijonnaise Mussels and the Petit Filet au Poivre. Sandi and I had lunch there a few days ago. Though they have a large parking lot for outdoor dining with a tent and heaters, we opted for indoor dining. 

They first brought out half a baguette with some salted butter. It was warm and crusty, which was exceptionally good on this cold afternoon.  Before I forget, I have to mention that they charge for the baguette; $2.00, and though it is well worth it, I think they should mention this to the customer. This is not Europe in which they normally do not serve bread, so you have to ask for it, and therefore you are not surprised when you see a charge.


Sandi had her favorite Petit Filet au Poivre with the Fries and I had the Mussels in Dijonnaise sauce. I cannot describe how absolutely delicious this was. You really would have to just go and try it for yourself. If you like dijon mustard, this will not disappoint. The dijon went well with the shallots, garlic, and tarragon incorporated with the cream. 

At first, I was eating the mussels by themselves and getting a spoonful of the sauce. It was a slow process, and I'm more for instant gratification so, I took all the mussels off their shells, dumped the fries in the sauce. The reunion of the mussels and fries in the sauce made my level of eating jump to new heights unimaginable! I think I was in a trance for a period of time. 


I just wish Meet in Paris was closer to me. Meet in Paris is located at 9727 Culver Blvd. in Culver City, California. 




No comments:

Post a Comment