Sunday, August 18, 2019

Swedish Crepes at IHOP

The plan was to go to Pancake House right after my colonoscopy. Sandi picked me up from the facility and deposited me to Amy's house since she couldn't join us for breakfast. I was too hungry to go all the way to Pancake House so we just went to IHOP which was just a mile away from Amy's house.  My plan was to have the Cheese Blitz. I was devastated when our server informed me that they no longer serve them.

Not to worry....I also like their Swedish Crepe with Lingonberries. Amy felt adventurous so she ordered something new; Strawberry Vanilla Spice Crepe. It came with eggs, hash brown and bacon. She thought it was too much but I talked her into ordering it with my intention of eating it as I had a voracious appetite since I have not eaten anything solid since the day before!



Amy liked her strawberry vanilla spice crepe. My Swedish crepes were great with the lingonberries and the creamy lingonberry butter. The lingonberries was a bit tart and yet sweet. I was able to have half of the eggs, hash brown, and bacon. Amy had a little bit but could not finish her portion so she ended up having to take it home.

IHOP was busy and for once, the service was good. My friends usually don't want to dine there because the service is always slow and that's early in the morning when they are not too busy. I guess there's hope for IHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment