Friday, August 9, 2019

Benihana

I've only been to Benihana for dinner where the chef entertains as he cooks your meal in front of you. My friend Cora treated me to their express lunch which I was not aware of. They do not take reservations for the express lunch but it is not a problem if you arrive when they open or shortly after.


Cora suggested I try the Lunch Boat as I would have 3 choices; salmon, chicken or steak. She chose the salmon and I had the steak.  The boat consisted of a cup of edamame, sashimi, California roll, shrimp and vegetable tempura, rice and fruit. The soup was good and the salad had a refreshing ginger dressing.


When the boat arrived, we were ready to sail along the sea of a variety of seafood. My steak was the stowaway! Everything was delicious and it was a lot of food which we managed to finish. The service was a bit slow because there was only 1 lady serving the entire section. Someone later came to her rescue; someone (another server) that was not even supposed to be there. This man was just being nice since he saw she was overworked.


I thank Cora for introducing me to something new, fun and delicious. Benihana is located 21327 Hawthorne Blvd. in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment