Friday, August 2, 2019

Chocolate Pasta

I first tried chocolate pasta at Piero Selvaggio's restaurant, Valentino which is unfortunately now closed. That was one of my favorite Italian restaurants. My friend Mertz once gave us all a package of Chocolate Pasta which has been sitting in my pantry for some time now. I finally decided last week that it was time to cook the darn thing.


I got some already chopped pancetta at the market. All I did was cook them in a bit of olive oil till it got crispy. I then poured out the excess oil and added whipping cream. It didn't need much salt since the pancetta was already salty so I just added some freshly ground pepper and garlic powder. When it started to thicken, I added the already cooked chocolate pasta. I made a salad to go with it and served sourdough bread. It was delicious.


Sandy brought a Fresh Peach Pie she baked. That was wonderful, just as wonderful as her Apple Pie. What can I say, she is the Pie Queen!


No comments:

Post a Comment