Friday, November 13, 2015

Fanoos Grill

I blogged about this small Persian restaurant back in 2013.  I have been eating there since and sometimes I pick up food for the family. See previous blog:
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/06/fanoos-persian-restaurant-grill.html

Tonight, Sandi and I met there for dinner.  I am happy to report that the food is still as good as we first had it and the portions are humongous.  We can still split an order of the Koobideh. This time, we ordered 1 beef and 1 chicken. We've never had the chicken before; we were surprised on how delicious it was, truly juicy and packed with flavor. We ordered the Maust' Khiar which is a combination of yoghurt and chopped cucumbers flavored with dill. I use this as a sauce to my meat. The Koobideh is served with basmati rice topped with saffron, charbroiled tomato and a garden salad. Even the salad was very good, as I rarely even mention salad.


Service is always good as one of the owners is almost always present. If you're lucky you might even see both owners; brothers Amir and Omid.  Fanoos is located at the Rolling Hills Plaza at 25336 Crenshaw Blvd. in Torrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment