Thursday, July 17, 2014

L'Amande French Bakery in Beverly Hills

People of Beverly Hills Rejoice! L' Amande French Bakery just opened Wednesday, July 16, 2014. The main bakery at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance have been very successful and I feel very blessed to live nearby though sometimes I cannot honestly say it's a blessing as I end up there too often for breakfast, lunch, tea, or an early dinner. This location seems a lot bigger because of its high ceiling. It looks spacious, airy and very French; from the decor to the background music. It has several tables inside and a few outside.





This bakery is authentic French. The real thing and I have heard people say it was better than what they had in Paris! The raspberry croissants and the best. Then they have the pistachio, almond and chocolate. That's just the croissants. Then they have the sticky walnut buns that are no nonsense; not too gooey or sweet but just right with some walnuts.


The traditional French omelettes are perfect; cooked well outside but nice and soft inside served with a healthy salad with slivered almonds.  Wait till you try the the variations of the Croques: Madame and Monsieur on their pain de mie bread. Their baguettes are the best; crusty outside but soft and chewy inside. The Parisian salad is my favorite: mixed greens with dried cranberries, walnuts,caramelized apples and blue cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette.

When Sandi and I arrived at the bakery around 11:00 a.m., there were already a few people inside and some seated outside. These were people that just happened to walk by and were probably just curious and I am sure they will be returning after they sampled whatever it was they bought.

Sandi and I settled for the soup of the day: Butternut Squash which is served with some whipping cream and their very own croutons. I was really hungry; (the driving to Beverly Hills gave me an appetite) so I thought it would be good to have a baguettine in addition. The soup was absolutely delicious.



The numerous tarts are delightful. Wait till you taste the Salted Caramel Tart. I almost forgot to mention their typical European coffee. If it's caffeine you want, you get the best at L'Amande. It is totally beyond my comprehension how people can have coffee elsewhere aside from their home. Let me warn you that this is not an IHOP where you get refills. You get 1 cup; small or large and that is what you get. It's all about quality and not quantity.

I was told that after noon, people were lined up; just like the Torrance bakery. Congratulations and all the best to Ana and Gonz.  L' Amande French Bakery's second location is at 9530 S. Santa Monica Blvd. in Beverly Hills, California.




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately,this bakery has closed because their employees sued owners for human trafficking.THe 11 Filipino workers were related and they used this excuse since their visas were about to expire. I knew the owners and the employees and I know for a fact, the employees lied.

    ReplyDelete