Saturday, July 26, 2014

Garrett Popcorn Shops

A Chicago tradition: one has to make it a point to visit one of at least 10 locations while in Chicago. This popcorn is truly special. They have different flavors aside from the plain and buttery: Macadamia Caramel, cashew, pecan, almond (all caramel) and their famous Chicago Mix. Chicago Mix is a combination of sweet caramel crisp with savory cheese.



I was told that most of the time, you see a long line of people waiting to buy the popcorn. This of course made me decide that I was not leaving Chicago without lining up myself.  I bought a bunch of bags to give to my friends that were not lucky enough to travel to Chicago. The flavor I chose was the Chicago Mix.


That was one very good popcorn. The best I have had. The combination was unbelievable. I must warn you that what you buy should be consumed as soon as possible. The cheese tends to get chewy and stale very fast. I suggest transferring the bag in a ziplock to prolong a little heaven a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment