Friday, June 13, 2014

Il Pastaio Catering

I recently blogged about this restaurant wherein we were very happy with the food but not the service. I was in charge of ordering food for 15 people for my niece's baby christening reception.

I ordered some Caesar Salad, their Cacio e Pepe, Fettucine Bolognese and Chicken Piccata. See previous blog:
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2014/06/il-pastaio.html

Everyone loved the food especially the Cacio e Pepe. We were a bit concerned because reheating it might have dried it up a but we did not have that problem because as soon as the food came, we immediately served them. The Bolognese had a lot of meat which complemented each strand of fettuccine.  The Chicken Piccata was surprisingly delicious. I have had that in numerous Italian restaurants but this is by far the best. The chicken was tender and juicy. The sourness of the sauce was offset by the the salty capers. The chicken came with some nice fresh and perfectly cooked vegetables.



For dessert, I had ordered their Tiramisu. I was a bit nervous as I didn't get a chance to try it before and wasn't sure if it would be worthy of being served to a group of foodies! The verdict was in; everyone enjoyed the light and strong espresso flavor; everyone except the baby who looked like she wanted to try anything!


I ordered everything through Nina Chua,  who was in charge of their catering department. She brought lots of bread, extra piccata sauce and pecorino cheese. Believe it or not, the pasta was really aldente.  Nina arrived in time and I couldn't have been happier with the service and delivery. I am looking forward to going back to Il Pastaio and I hope we get better service than the last time.

Il Pastaio's address is 400 N. Canon Dr. in Beverly Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment