Monday, May 1, 2023

Ryla

My friends Sandro and Steph took me and Sandi out for my birthday early this month. Sadly they could not attend my party. I had never been to this restaurant before, and the lighting and overall design generated a welcoming ambiance.

I ordered the "You Only Live Twice" Vesper with Meyer lemon-infused vodka, gin, sake, Cocchi Americano, and Shiso Oil for cocktails. I liked it very much!

It was decided that we order several dishes to share. We started with the Hokkaido Scallop Sashimi with black truffle vinaigrette, Meyer lemon, satsuma mandarin, pickled celery, and bonito crème fraîche. They were fresh, smooth, and very tasty. We were excited when the Crispy Brussels Sprouts with white miso habanero dressing arrived. So excited that I forgot to take a picture. 

The Pork Belly Bao Buns were delicious and reminiscent of the Peking Duck. Everyone enjoyed those, followed by Korean Style Spare Ribs, Asian pear & cucumber kimchi, and crispy garlic. No kissing after this. The Steamed Manila Clams were different but delicious with their spicy tamarind broth, Chinese sausage, fried bread, pickled chili, and lime.

The New York Steak was cooked perfectly, and there were no complaints; simply delectable. The Black Truffle Fried Rice was outstanding, and it had Chinese sausage, egg, pickled ginger, and freshly shaved summer truffles. 

We had an array of desserts to conclude our wonderful meal. We ordered the Dark Chocolate Meringue, a scoop of their housemade ice cream, and a Blood Orange Tahini Tart. All of them were quickly consumed by the four of us. 



Thank you, Steph and Sandro, for a fun and lovely celebration. Sandi and I enjoyed the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment