Thursday, April 13, 2023

Adore Dessert Café

My friend Yvonne delivered the good news. Patrick is back. He had a small bakery on Catalina Ave. in Redondo Beach for years and he eventually closed and went back to Paris. His pastries were always good, especially his eclairs and quiches. 

Yvonne invited me for breakfast yesterday to reintroduce me to Patrick. The new place is nicely decorated and was happy to see tables and chairs that one could dine leisurely. I had their Almond Chocolate Croissant which didn't look like any I've had. This did not have the perfect shape but instead, dough oozing off the side and a bit burnt on the edges. I actually picked the "well done" one. Yvonne ordered a Chocolate Croissant. We both had a cappuccino. I absolutely loved my almond croissant. It had custard and chocolate inside and slivers of thinly sliced almonds. It sounds like this would be sicky sweet but it was not at all. It had just the right amount of sweetness. Yvonne enjoyed her chocolate croissant as well.


Before we left I had to get a variety of Eclairs and a few others. I've had them before but it's been a long time so my taste buds needed to be reminded of its goodness. I got a coffee, chocolate and raspberry eclairs. They were all fantastique! The Canelé was mouth-watering; which was crispy outside and really chewy inside, and yes, baked with rum. The Chouquettes (sugar puffs) were airy and light with a tiny bit of sweetness and crispiness outside. 


Patrick and Kaity came to our table and of course I had to take a picture of this sweet couple!

As we were leaving, we noticed 2 of their quiches just came out of the oven. I have had their Salmon and Mushroom Quiche a long time ago and I do remember that it was outstanding!


Adore Dessert Café is located at 901 N. Catalina Ave. #100 in Redondo Beach, California.






No comments:

Post a Comment