Sunday, January 15, 2023

Max & Lucy's Ensaymada

I recently received a dozen ensaymadas from Max & Lucy's from a friend. I couldn't contain my excitement, especially since I recently also had the extreme pleasure of trying ensaymadas from Ensaymada Project. I was eager to make the comparison.

The flavors I got were the Ube Yema Halaya, Queso, Queso de Bola, and Ferrero Rocher. I have to confess that I did not try the Ube only because I am not fond of Ube, so I passed them on to someone who appreciated and enjoyed them. 

I tried the Queso de Bola, and I must say that it was buttery and delicious, but it didn't have the chewiness of the ones from Ensaymada Project. 


The Ferrero Rocher was a bit too sweet. It looked really good; I didn't expect to see something in the middle which reminded me of "crowning." It freaked me out since it was totally unexpected. I should have expected it since it was called Ferrero Rocher, just like the Italian chocolate balls wrapped in gold. The reason I didn't care for it is that I am not fond of anything hazelnut. If you like Ferrero Rocher, you will probably like this ensaymada.


On a good note, their Food for the Gods was very good, buttery, and moist. 


Max & Lucy's Bake Shop does not have a website. I called them to find out if I would view the different flavors of ensaymada and the lady just directed me to check their Facebook and Instagram pages. I did look, but they were mostly just pictures. Some had names but nothing clear, like Ensaymada Project, where flavors are listed clearly. 

Max & Lucy's is located at 15411 Lassen St. in Mission Hills, California. Don't get me wrong, their ensaymadas are good, but for me, Ensaymada Project is still the best I've ever had!!!!


1 comment: