Thursday, October 5, 2023

Chart House

Our friend, Sugar, invited us to dinner. yesterday. It was a beautiful, warm October afternoon. We got there early, so we were lucky as far as service was because the restaurant was full by the time we left. We loved the ambiance, as always.

I brought a bottle of red wine. When our server asked us about cocktails, Sugar and Zohreh got excited and ordered a martini. I was not planning to have a cocktail, but I didn't want to be a party pooper, so  I went ahead and ordered a filthy vodka martini. Zohreh and I had some bread so as not to have the martini on an empty stomach. 

We unanimously ordered the Shrimp, Avocado, and Mango Stack. We happily justified this pick as healthy, not that any of us cared, but it had a total of 440 calories, a lot less than Calamari.

Zohreh picked the Alaskan Black Cod with bok choy, shitake mushrooms in a coconut-ginger broth, and furikake for dinner. Sugar and I had a piece of her fish, and it was absolutely flaky and delicious. I would order that next time. 

Sugar and I opted for the Filet Mignon, which was cooked to perfection, along with some creamy mashed potatoes. Sugar also ordered the Sizzling Mushrooms to share. That is always a must, as it is just the best!

We shared the Key Lime pie for dessert. It was a nice finale to our most enjoyable meal.

Mother Nature treated us to a magnificent sunset by the time we finished. Thank you, Sugar, for a fun evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment