Saturday, February 22, 2020

Chevoo Goat Cheese

Sandi's son sent her an assortment of Chevoo Goat Cheese. He sent it all the way from Florida to California. He had raved about their cheese and she was kind enough to have me try it. The small bottle consisted of several chunks of flavored goat cheese bathed in olive oil.

I took a chunk and smothered some on a piece of cracker. It was scrumptious! As soon as I got home I googled Chevoo Cheese and found out they are made in Healdsburg, California. A couple from Australia started the company making goat curd hand blended with spices, herbs, chilies, pollens then paired with extra virgin olive oil. The cheese is infused with crushed botanicals for 8 weeks.

I discovered they had several interesting flavors which I absolutely had to try hence, I immediately had to place an order. I ordered 3 bottles; Urfa Chili & Lemon, Smoked Salt & Rosemary which I tasted at Sandi's house, and Italian Black Truffle.


The Chili and Lemon: Goat cheese blended with chili pepper marinated in lemon extra virgin olive oil was delicious. It was lemony with a bit of a kick from the chili peppers.
The Smoked Salt and Rosemary: Goat cheese with cracked pepper and rosemary-infused extra virgin olive oil was equally delicious. If you like rosemary, you will love it.
The Italian Black Truffle: Goat cheese with real black truffles "gently folded" into the cheese in extra virgin olive oil. This was my favorite. I felt like I died and went to heaven! You could really taste the truffles. This is the real thing; not truffle flavored or fake truffle.

Chevoo pronounced shay-voo comes from Chèvre which is French for goat cheese and EVVO is for extra virgin olive oil. You could go on their website or order from Amazon but the best deal is from Whole Foods which costs $5.99 a bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karina! My name is Dan Stoddard and I'm reaching out on behalf of CHEVOO! We absolutely loved this blog entry and would love to send you a little something/tag you on social media. Would you mind shooting me an email (daniel.stoddard22@gmail.com) so we can chat further? Thanks! Very much looking forward to hearing back from you.

    ReplyDelete