Saturday, February 8, 2020

Benihana

I was recently invited for lunch at Benihana in Torrance. Since the invitation was for lunch, I assumed it was for the express lunch wherein they serve you in the bar area with good food without the theatrics. We were seated with 2 other couples aside from my friends Francine, her husband Tony, and their neighbor Gerda.


Gerda, who was celebrating her birthday, ordered the Scallops and Shrimp. The rest of us ordered the Filet Mignon and Shrimp with the Chicken Fried Rice. The entrée came with a choice of soup or salad. We all opted for their delicious soup. Our entertaining Master Chef Kenny did not disappoint us with his theatrics.


I had forgotten how much garlic butter they put on almost everything. That with soy sauce; one can hardly go wrong. Everything was delicious. I had forgotten how the shrimp and the filet mignon were cooked to perfection. Nothing was overcooked. Both shrimp and filet were juicy, tender, and very flavorful.


One should never dismiss Benihana for a good meal. I, myself, tend to think it's all theatrics, so it was a good reminder. I thank Francine and her husband Tony, for inviting me to good old Benihana.



No comments:

Post a Comment