Friday, November 8, 2019

Cafe Dulce

It has been at least 5 years since I have made a trip to Little Tokyo's Cafe Dulce. Last Sunday, Sandi and I thought it was time to make the trip to have some of the best Bacon Donuts and the Spirulina Rolls aka Dinosaur Churro and the Koko Churro.


The bacon donut was still as good as I remembered it to be. They really have the best bacon donuts. Sandi opted for the Maple Donut with macadamia nuts on top. I ended up just buying some of the bacon donut holes to take home to freeze. I also got some Dinosaur Churro aka Koko Churro. After having the donut, I studied their menu and the Black Forest Ham with cheese on their fresh out of the oven French bread sounded very good. So I went ahead and ordered one to split with Sandi. It came with a salad which was a bonus. The crusty bread crunched as I took my first bite. Wow, it was ever so delicious.



A few hours later as I got settled at home, the spirulina rolls kept staring at me. I had to try it. It was nice and crunchy outside but very chewy inside. The roll is so light and the texture was wonderful with the walnuts and sesame seeds. They usually have the rolls without the sugar but they didn't have it that day. I don't know when we will be back to Cafe Dulce but I know I won't be waiting years to have the wonderful donuts and bread.


James, the owner was not there at the time and I am happy to report that even without him, the bakery/cafe is doing well and the employees are still just as nice. Cafe Dulce is located at 134 Japanese Village Plaza Mall in Los Angeles. Sunday mornings is a good time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment