Saturday, November 18, 2017

Carl's Jr. / False Adverstising

If this isn't false advertising, I don't know what is. They say pictures paint a thousand words and the picture below says it all. My friend and I landed at a Carl's Jr. one morning and, since I have never had breakfast at Carl's, I relied solely on the pictures above the counter. The Bacon, Egg & Cheese Burrito looked good. My friend had a Bacon, Cheese & Egg Biscuit.


We were both flabbergasted to see the pathetic looking burrito as I unwrapped it. It looked nothing like the picture. The burrito was flat, as if someone had sat on it, and  was tasteless. My friend's biscuit was not any better. It was so dry that after one bite she could not eat the rest.  She did enjoy the potatoes that came with it.


I have always been a fan of the burgers at Carl's Jr. This incident really bothered me as I do not think places like this should be allowed to get away with false advertising. So I wrote a letter to the corporate office in Franklin, TN and attached pictures. I did this mainly because I wanted them to know about my experience but I also wanted to hear their thoughts.

I received a very informal form letter which was just signed " Management of 158" from the store. The letter clearly did not address the issue. They just included 2 coupons for the Biscuit sandwich. Now, what do you think of that?




No comments:

Post a Comment