Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Beef Tournedo

I had some Beef Tournedos I purchased from Mark at Specific Pacific (quality meats and seafood delivery service) in my freezer for special occasions. Last night was one of those occasions as we were celebrating Nako's birthday.


I made lumpy mashed potatoes with lots of butter and Feta cheese. To make it a bit healthy, I served fresh asparagus with a sauce I made with Japanese mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Maggi, lemon and champagne mustard. Amy made a coleslaw salad which we all enjoyed. The Filet Mignon was very good. I cooked them in the oven and turned on the broiler the last 2 minutes to get the bacon crispy. Everyone could not get over how tender they were and the Bordelaise sauce kept them juicy.


For dessert, I made my Lola Neny's Leche Flan (my Grandmother's recipe). I must admit it was perfect. It tasted much better than the picture if you can imagine that.


After dinner, Nako opened his presents. I gave him a mug that said: " I Donut Care" since he loves his donuts. Mertz got him something for the gym. A tiny bottle of Chivas Regal for when he's not feeling energetic, and a larger bottle for when he's under the weather.


It was a nice celebration and everyone left pleasantly full.

No comments:

Post a Comment