Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Lunch & Brunch at Trump National Golf Club

Four of us ended up having a late lunch meeting at the Cafe Pacific at the Trump National Golf Club. We have been there numerous times for dinner and Sunday brunch. The last time I was there was when I got there at around 2 p.m. to get a gift card.  I was feeling absolutely famished and  all I could think of was fresh oysters and champagne which I did indulge.

That was 6 months ago and this time I could think of nothing else but my last experience so this is what I ordered for lunch; 1/2 dozen fresh oysters and some calamari. My girlfriend ordered a Caesar Salad. She noticed that it did not have any anchovies so when she asked our server, it was not a problem at all, he came and handed her a little plate full of anchovies; now that's service. For her entree, she decided on the Seafood Pescatore; linguine pasta with mussels, clams, shrimps cooked in white wine tomato and basil. Her husband had the Seared crab cakes for appetizers. That had pancetta, chickpea & leek cassoulet and remoulade sauce. I was forced to have one of them and it was delicious. For entree, two of my friends had the Marinated Tempura of Lobster. The lobster tail was fried to a golden brown crisp and sauteed with napa cabbage, bell pepper and an very nice coconut curry sauce. It was super delicious. I think I may have to order that the next time. We were all too full to order dessert so we ended up sharing one: can't remember what it was called but it was a white and milk chocolate mousse with flourless chocolate cake inside the mousse. The mousse was encased in a dark chocolate shell topped with a strawberry, whipped cream and more (colored)chocolate.


Two days later, we were invited again to Cafe Pacific but this time, it was for the famous Sunday Brunch. Currently, this fabulous brunch cost $75.95. What can you eat for $75.95 is the question. Well, you start with unlimited champagne (sparkling wine) and fresh orange juice. The high ticket items are the fresh oysters, crab claws, succulent shrimps, and caviar. Lucky for me, I love all of them so I did concentrate on those. Aside from the seafood, they have the usual omelet, prime rib, sushi, pasta stations. One must not forget to try their short ribs as it is most tender and just plain wonderful. They also have all sorts of salads, beets, pears with Gorgonzola, roasted vegetables and a calamari, crab, and lobster salad which I loved.


Dessert was endless; a full table of assorted pastries, a chocolate fountain for the fresh strawberries, and marshmallows. They had a tower of Croquembouche and for your information, not too many people know that they have different flavors inside. I found myself in the Crepe station. I had a concoction of banana, strawberry brown sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chips with banana liquor and another type liquor. When she was done with the flambe, I added some caramel, strawberry syrup and whipped cream.


Cafe Pacific at the Trump National Golf Club is a beautiful place to spend your Sunday; the view is spectacular since your are right by the ocean. Dinner is also a good time to go, though you would not have the view unless you are there to witness the sunset. The ambiance is truly cozy and classy. Cafe Pacific is located at 1 Ocean Trails Dr. in Rancho Palos Verdes in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment